The Portola Neighborhood
Our relationship with the Portola goes back to our beginning.
Since our founding in a church basement off San Bruno Avenue, we have been shaped by and invested in our local community. The Portola neighborhood is a diverse, family-oriented community located conveniently near the 101 and 280 freeways. With McLaren and Palega Parks close by, the shops of San Bruno Avenue down the street, and friendly neighborhoods all around us, we love being right where we are.
We enjoy strong relationships with our neighbors and are proud to be an active and supportive member of our community.
- Serving as a neighborhood polling place and NERT Training Center
- Participating in regular street and neighborhood cleanups
- Sponsoring and serving as host garden on Portola Garden Tour
- Visiting the AgeSong University
- Providing a meeting and art space for the Alemany Island Beautification Project
SFS, Alta Vista, and E.R. Taylor students exhibited their work in an interscholastic art show.