Our relationship with the Portola goes back to our beginning.
Since our founding in a church basement off San Bruno Avenue, we have been shaped by and invested in our local community. The Portola neighborhood is a diverse, family-oriented community located conveniently near the 101 and 280 freeways. With McLaren and Palega Parks close by, the shops of San Bruno Avenue down the street, and friendly neighborhoods all around us, we love being right where we are.
We enjoy strong relationships with our neighbors and are proud to be an active and supportive member of our community.
- Serving as a neighborhood polling place and NERT Training Center
- Participating in regular street and neighborhood cleanups
- Sponsoring and serving as host garden on Portola Garden Tour
- Partnerships with the Portola Neighborhood Association, Portola Family Connections, Hillcrest Elementary School, the SFPL Portola Branch, and the Excelsior Community Food Pantry.
- Providing a meeting and art space for the Alemany Island Beautification Project
Third Grade Returns to Heron’s Head Park
Third Graders engaged in field laboratory work at Heron’s Head as part of their Bay Ecosystems curriculum.