Volunteerism is the key to our ongoing success. It is not only an invaluable contribution, but builds community and provides an example for our students.
As our children watch parents/guardians, grandparents, and alumni generously give of their time and talent, they learn the importance of giving back and getting involved. Volunteering is an expression of your interest and commitment to your child’s school life. Volunteering at the school provides many benefits including the opportunity to meet other parents/guardians and your child’s classmates. It also provides an insight into the school: who the staff, teachers, and volunteer leaders are, and how the mission is carried out each day.
There are many ways to get involved and various levels of commitment. Here are a few:
- Chaperone field trips
- Assist in the Learning Commons
- Serve as a Room Representative
- Join the Family Association Leadership team
- Attend a Diversity or Public Purpose Committee meeting
- Serve as a Class Captain for the Annual Fund
- Volunteer as an Admissions Tour Guide
- Represent the school at an open house or school fair
- Serve on a Board Committee
- Contribute your time and high-level decision making as a trustee
If you would like to volunteer and learn more about specific volunteer opportunities, please contact Jennifer Keese-Powell, Director of Advancement.