The San Francisco School cultivates and celebrates the intellectual, imaginative, and humanitarian promise of each student in a community that practices mutual respect, embraces diversity, and inspires a passion for learning.
Total enrollment: 280 students
- Preschool: 44 students
- Elementary (K-5th): 131 students
- Middle School (6th-8th): 105 students
Students and Faculty
64% students of color
- 36% White
- 40% Asian/Asian American/Multiracial
- 16% Latino/Hispanic/Multiracial
- 8% African American/Multiracial
57% staff of color
1:6 faculty to student ratio
Preschool: 9:00am - 3:00 pm
Elementary (K-5th): 8:30am - 3:15 pm
Middle (6th-8th): 8:30am - 3:30 pm
- $1.8 million in indexed tuition awards
- 28% of families pay reduced tuition through the indexed tuition program
- $208,770 average income for families receiving reduced tuition
- $2,500-$40,982 range in current indexed tuition awards
- 2023-24 Preschool-5th Grade Tuition: $39,032
- 2023-24 6th-8th Grade Tuition: $40,982
1.6 Acre Campus
- 52% outdoor space
- Dedicated Preschool and Kindergarten-1st Grade Play Yards
- Adventure Playground featuring a 50 foot slides, fruit trees, rabbits, and goats that visit every year
- State of the art 350-seat theater and gym space
- 500-gallon rainwater cistern and 24-kilowatt solar panel system
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
CAIS is a non-profit organization of 190 elementary, middle, and secondary schools in California. The Association serves and strengthens its schools by setting standards of academic quality and ethical conduct, by providing for the professional growth of faculty, administrators, and trustees, and by promoting diversity.
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The NAIS mission is rooted in the core values of independence, interdependence, inclusivity, and innovation. We believe the freedoms derived from independence and self-determination are deserving of preservation, worthy of emulation, and a source of the success of independent schools in preparing students to contribute effectively toward a peaceful, prosperous, just, and equitable world. The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) exists to represent and sustain schools that are self-determining in mission and program, free from government control, and governed by independent boards.
California Teacher Development Collaborative (CATDC)
CATDC is a non-profit organization founded by local independent schools to provide and coordinate opportunities for teachers to grow as professionals. Its primary purpose is to encourage and facilitate local access to speakers, programs, and instruction that are of interest to faculties; to pool resources; to increase inter-school contact; and to form groups of teachers to work in specific areas of interest. The goal is the enrichment to professional growth opportunities and increased sharing of resources and experience.
People of Color in Independent Schools (POCIS)
POCIS is an organization which supports teachers, administrators, parents, and students who believe that diversity and multiculturalism are endemic to quality education for all.
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education is a professional association serving educational institutions and advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas.
National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
NBOA is a national organization supporting business and finance operations at independent schools.
Independent Schools Business Officers Association of California ( Cal-ISBOA )
Cal-ISBOA provides professional support and solutions to Business Officers from approximately 220 Independent Schools throughout the State of California.