The SFS School Bus
Students can ride to school with friends!
My student has made friends in older grades, has a sense of responsibility, and is more independent. The bus rocks!” — Parent of a Kindergartener
In partnership with Zūm, The San Francisco School is pleased to offer morning and afternoon transportation via school bus for all students, preschool through middle school. In addition to providing parenting adults with more time in their schedules, the school bus fosters independence and friendships among students of all grades; reduces traffic in the white zone and neighborhood; and gets cars off the road to reduce carbon emissions and help our environment.
- Rides are available in the morning as well as twice afterschool (early and late afternoon)
- Students may ride a few times per week or every day, one-way or both
- Reduced fees are available for families receiving indexed tuition
- One assigned driver drives on the morning and afternoon routes each day
- The bus has adjustable cross-body shoulder straps for riders of all ages and size
- Caregivers can track the bus in real time on the Zūm app (riders swipe their ID card as they enter and exit the bus, enabling the tracking)
For more information, contact Laura Post, Associate Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives.
The kids have a sense of independence that I wasn’t expecting they would get or feel. Having older students buckle the seatbelts of the younger ones has become a sacred ritual —Parent of Preschool and Middle School riders